Early Childhood Music Lessons for Babies, Toddlers, & Preschoolers
At the Bronx School for Music we believe that all children are born musical and that music plays a fundamental role in helping little ones communicate and build language skills. Most people often think that being musical is a question of talent and while that may sound reasonable, we believe that all children can develop musicianship skills when introduced to them as early as possible with the proper pedagogical approach.
The Bronx School for Music’s Early Childhood Music Program “Bronx Bops” introduces children to the fundamentals of music: rhythm, melody, harmony, tempo, dynamics and articulation. In class, children explore instruments, play musical games and learn to move to music. We believe that parental involvement is crucial to the musical development of any child and creates a powerful bond between parent and child in musical discovery. Therefore, classes are structured to be a learning experience for both parents and/or caregivers. Parents and/or caregivers will participate and enjoy this exciting class along with their child.
The Early Childhood Music Program is open to children ages 1 to 4 years of age. Classes are led by a professionally-trained musician faculty member and feature live instrumental accompaniment.
Session & Tuition Information
The Bronx School for Music offers Early Childhood Musical Development classes in its Fall, Winter/Spring and Summer Terms. Sessions consist of 12-weeks of classes in the Fall and Winter/Spring Terms, and 7-weeks in the Summer Term.
2023 Winter/Spring Session Information
Start Date: Week of February 27, 2023:
End Date: Week of May 29, 2023
Tuition & Fees:
Tuition: $240 (12 weeks x $20 per lesson)
Registration Fee: $35
Installment Plan Fee (if selected at Registration): $20
**All classes will be capped at 8 students per class and parents/caregivers are required to attend. If classes do not reach a minimum enrollment of five students, families will be asked to attend a different class day/time or will be refunded**
Class Days and Times
2023 Class Days and Times by Age Group:
Babies: 0 – 12 months
- Wednesdays: 10:00am-10:45am (waitlist)
- Fridays: 11:00am to 11:45am (3 spots left)
Toddlers: 1 & 2 years
- Wednesdays: 11:00am – 11:45am (waitlist)
- Fridays: 10:00am-10:45am (waitlist)
- Fridays: 4:00pm-4:45pm (full)
- Saturday: 10:00am – 10:45am(this class may have mixed age groups) (2 slots left)
Preschoolers: 3 & 4 years
- Friday: 5:00pm – 5:45pm (waitlist)
- Saturday: 9:00am-9:45am (Full)
- Saturday: 10am – 10:45am (this class will have mixed age groups) (2 spots left)
*All class age groups and schedules are subject to change based on demand and enrollment figures.*
Is there a class size limit?
- Yes! Our classes are limited to 8 families per class.
Who attends the sessions?
- A single enrollment includes one child and one parent/caregiver per child. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult participant, and may not be dropped off. We ask that the same caregiver attend each session (if possible), in order to build a routine with your child and so that learning becomes sequential.
How many sessions can I attend per week?
- Families can only attend one session each week. For instance, Wednesdays at 10:00am. A single enrollment includes 12 sessions, once per week on the same day and at the same time. If you need to change lesson days and times, please let the administrative office know and we will try our best to accommodate requests.
Can I enroll two children in the same session? Bring two caregivers?
- Yes! The more, the merrier as long. Parents who enroll more than one child in a class will receive a special credit for the following session or term. (As long as the class size does not exceed its maximum capacity? Be clear when signing up/ enrolling)
What if I can’t make my normal class on a particular week?
- Unfortunately, the lesson will be missed. Make-up lessons are not offered. Classes are sequential. Students need to try and attend as many lessons as possible. Make-up lessons are only offered if the teacher is absent.
What if I am sick? Can I get a refund?
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund for illness, since enrollment in each session is limited.